We’re looking for someone who is enthusiastic, friendly and kind who has experience working in retail. The candidate must be someone who enjoys working with people and part of a team, but is also self-motivated, skilled at time management, independent work and problem solving.
Managing the day to day operations of a customer service-focussed women’s clothing boutique. We’d love someone who is available full time or nearly full time (30-40 hours a week) and who has some availability on Saturdays. The position involves working hands on with customers, providing exceptional customer service, working with staff members, suppliers and products as well as some basic administrative responsibilities. The job is fun, challenging and diverse – varying from creative tasks such as merchandising and displays, to personal shopping and customer relations, with a little bit of paperwork to round it out. It’s a job well suited to someone organized, motivated, creative and friendly who enjoys working with fun and nice people.
- Providing exceptional customer service and shopping experience to our customers
- Having a strong knowledge and understanding of our products and services
- Opening and closing procedures
- Maintaining a safe and clean environment for our customers and staff
- Contacting customers upon their request when new or specific products arrive
- Dealing with returns, exchanges or product issues
- Working in partnership with Owner/Manager to help meet and exceed operational goals and sales targets
- Receiving and processing new inventory
- Dealing with damaged inventory, contacting suppliers where necessary to arrange for returns
- Ensuring staff schedules are agreed upon and all shifts are accounted for
- Delegating tasks to other staff members when necessary
- Coaching staff to maximize potential
- Administrative support – inputting data, running reports, updating spreadsheets, submitting time sheets
- Assist in merchandising, creating displays, marketing and visual presentation aspects of the store
- Assist in planning events at the shop
- Assist in goal setting, brainstorming and implementing new initiatives
- Ensuring compliance of all store policies and procedures
- Creating a fun, motivating and inspiring environment for staff and customers
- Must enjoy both working with people and working independently
- Solutions oriented/creative problem solver
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Interest in fashion
- Excellent leadership, communication and interpersonal skills
- Dedication to exceptional customer service
- Experience in retail required
- Basic computer skills required
- Experience with Quickbooks, Lightspeed POS and/or spreadsheets a bonus
- Experience with photography, design and/or social media a bonus
Poppie is all about helping women feel their best. We believe that when women feel good about how they look, they carry themselves differently and approach the world with confidence and strength. Our customers are busy women with a lot on their plates and we want to make sure they’re facing the day without the added stress of feeling like they don’t have the right thing to wear. We want to make women’s lives easier by helping them find the right outfits for whatever their day entails, be it work, working out, playing with their kids or going to a gala. We do this by creating an inviting and fun environment for women and by giving as much hands-on help as people want. We try to offer a wide range of options for people so that they can get as much of their shopping done in one stop as possible, get on with their lives and feel great doing whatever it is that they do best.
Applicants are welcome to apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in person. Please include a cover letter that includes a section about yourself (your interests, skills, experience, availability and maybe a fun fact or two) and a résumé. While we sincerely thank everyone for their interest, only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.